Kingdom come is coming, in small yet invasive ways...


Follow along with us as each week we meet for service to those in our neighborhood, common meals, study of Jesus' teachings and how to live them, as well as Sabbath worship at the Buffalo Vineyard City Church .

Sunday, December 27, 2009

He Has Come

At Sojourn we hear each week, "We are on a journey towards life change w/ Jesus." It has been our spoken goal to be a people who are more like Jesus at the end of 2009 than we were at the year's beginning.

Jesus has come to our community in 2009! He is changing lives as He announced He would in the mission statement He gave while teaching in Nazareth: "The Spirit of the Lord is on me, because He has annointed me to preach good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim freedom for the prisoners..."

Amoni -
Amoni shared in our gathering today how he is grateful for all God and the Church have provided for him this year. Specifically he gave thanks for gaining his drivers license and a car to drive in. Good news: those who are poor in our midst are less poor!

LaVonne -
My friend LaVonne shared through a letter today that she has been crying out for God to transform her life. She longs for her life to be an example of love in action. LaVonne has given herself as a dedicated volunteer tutoring the African refugee students at Sojourn. While at first she felt inadequate to help them, she has been freed from that insecurity and has become an example of love in action. Good news: the prisoners are being set free and are enjoying that freedom!

And God has set me free! All my life I have struggled with my wieght, spending most of my adult life 30 or more lbs overweight. This summer I encountered God while in relationship with my friends from Africa, being accountable to my wife, and engaging in spiritual disciplines. My life-long struggle with food is not over, but I can give thanks to God today for the victories He has given me this year.

July 2009

December 2009

Good news: Jesus is spreading through our community, and lives are being changed!

No comments:

Post a Comment